Epoxy.com TM Product #63
Watertight Expansion Joint System
PART 1 GENERAL
1. 01 WORK INCLUDED
1.02 RELATED WORK
B. Section ( :) ( )
B. The Contractor shall submit the following in duplicate.
2. Density, modulus, recovery, extrusion, water absorption, ultra violet resistance and weathering resistance per AASHTO T42 49(1974).
3. Recommended installation procedures.
b. Epoxy Bonder:
2.Concrete bond strength by ASTM C-882 (7 days).
3.Compressive Strength by ASTM D-695
4.Gel Time .
5.Final Cure Time
6.Shrinkage by ASTM C-882
7.Listing of the ASTM type, grade, and class
9.Viscosity (mixed) by ASTM D-2393
11.Recommended application procedures
c. Epoxy Mortar Resin:
2. Tensile strength by ASTM D-638
3. Compressive strength by ASTM D-695
4. Flexural Strength by ASTM D-790
5. Elongation by ASTM D-638
6.Viscosity (mixed) by ASTM D-2393
8. Initial Cure
9. Final Cure
11. Recommended application procedures .
|USE THE FOLLOWING SECTION, MATERIAL DELIVERY, HANDLING AND STORAGE, ONLY IF IT IS NOT INCLUDED IN DIVISION 1 OF THE PROJECT MANUAL.|
1.04 MATERIAL DELIVERY, HANDLING AND STORAGE
2. Manufacturer's name
3. Batch number.
4. Component designation ("A" or "B")
5. Ratio of component mixtures
C. Promptly inspect shipments to assure that material comply with requirements, quantities are correct and materials are undamaged.
D. The Contractor shall be responsible for all materials furnished by him, and he shall replace, at his own expense, all such material that is found to be defective in manufacturing or that has become damaged in handling.
E. Store materials in accordance with. the manufacturer's instructions with seals and labels intact and legible. Maintain temperatures within the required ranges.
1.05 JOB CONDITIONS
PART 2 PRODUCTS
b. Ability to resist penetration of moisture, salts and de-icing chemicals, efflorescence and petroleum products .
c. Ability to resist embedment of dirt and debris into joint.
d. Ability to perform within range of all anticipated movements.
2. Specific Requirements:
b. Color: (white) (grey)
c. Material shall be tested per AASHTO standards in accordance with T42-49 (1974) and comply with the following:
2. Modulus of Elasticity: 30-40 p.s.i.
3. Elongation/Tension: Minimum 190% @ 120 p.s.i .
4. Recovery: Minimum 99%.
5. Extrusion: Maximum 0.15% @ 1" thickness.
6. Water Absorption: Maximum 1.5% @ 1" 3" thickness.
7. Weathering: Exhibit no deterioration from effects of freeze -thaw cycles .
8. Ultra Violet: Exhibit no deterioration or degradation of the cell structure.
B. Epoxy Bonder
b. Chemical resistant
c. Abrasive resistant
2. Specific Requirements (@ 77 F):
b. 100% solids by weight
c. Two component
d. Viscosity - Mixed (ASTM D-2393): 548,000 cps.
e. Consistency - No Sag
f. Capable of application to frost free and dry surfaces at 40 degrees F or above.
g. Concrete bond strength (ASTM C-882): Minimum 2,250 p.s.i.
h. Compressive strength (ASTM D-695): Minimum 10,480 p.s.i.
i. Shrinkage (ASTM D-2566): Passed.
j. Initial cure (80% of ultimate strength) - 24 hours
k. Final Cure - 7 days
l. Packaging 1 gal. cans, 5 gal. pails, drums
C. Epoxy Mortar Grout:
b. Material to be impervious to moisture.
c. Chemical resistant
d. Abrasive resistant
2. Specific Requirements:
2.Two component epoxy resin which meets or exceeds requirements of epoxy resin Type III, Grade 1, Class B, per ASTM C-881.
3.100% solids by weight.
4.Capable of application to frost free and dry surfaces at 40 degrees F. or above.
5.Concrete Bond Strength (ASTM C-883) - 2,290 p.s.i.
6.Compressive Strength (ASTM C-695) (neat) 10,600 p.s.i.
7.Tensile Strength (ASTM D-638) 2,800 p.s.i.
8.Flexural Strength (ASTM D-790) 2,800 p.s.i.
9.Elongation (ASTM D-638) 38%
10.Gel Time - 41 minutes
11.Color - Gray
12.Viscosity (mixed) (ASTM D-2393) 600 cps.
13.Consistency - No bead formed
14.Initial Cure 24 hours
15.Final Cure- 7 days
16.Packaging 1 gal. cans, 5 gal. pails, drums
b. Select Aggregates for Grout .
# 4 95 100%
# 8 80 100%
#16 50 85%
#30 25 60%
#50 5 10%
2.02 ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS AND MANUFACTURERS
B. The epoxy bonder shall be Epoxy.com Product #6 manufactured by Epoxy.com a division of Epoxy Systems, Inc. 352-489-1666.
C. The epoxy mortar resin shall be Epoxy.com Product #10 as manufactured by Epoxy.com a division of Epoxy Systems, Inc. 352-489-1666.
|SELECT ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING|
PART 3 EXECUTION
2. The Contractor installing the joint system (and/or the Engineer) shall inspect and approve each area for the joint installation. Areas determined to be inadequate shall be repaired prior to installation.
3. The joint surfaces shall be cleaned by sandblasting, high pressure water-blasting, or other pre-approved abrasive cleaning as necessary to remove surface laitenance, debris and other contaminants which may impair adhesion of the system.
B. Rehabilitation of Existing Joints:
2. Provide a 1" deep saw cut along the limits of removal.
3. Remove concrete adjacent to the joint to the proper lines and grades as detailed on the plans (and/or approved drawings). Hammers used during the removal operation shall not exceed a 30# rating.
4. The Contractor installing the joint system (and/or the Engineer) shall inspect and approve each area prior to the joint installation.
5. The joint surfaces shall be cleaned by sandblasting or high pressure water-blasting to remove surface laitenance, debris and other contaminants which may impair adhesion of the system.
|USE THIS SECTION WHEN JOINTS ARE INSTALLED IN TRAFFIC AREAS AND/OR AS RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER AND/OR ENGINEER|
3. 02 INSTALLATION OF EPOXY MORTAR NOSINGS
B. Prime the concrete joint surfaces with a 5-10 mil coating of the neat epoxy mortar resin just prior to installing the epoxy mortar grout.
C. Mix and install the epoxy mortar grout in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. The ratio of the aggregate to epoxy mortar resin, by volume, shall be not, less than 4 parts aggregate to 1 part epoxy resin.
D. Place and compact the epoxy mortar grout. Strike off and finish to the proper grade and elevation. The leading edges of the epoxy mortar grout shall have a minimum of a 1/4" radius installed during the final finishing.
E. Remove form work when the epoxy mortar grout is tack free.
3.03 INSTALLATION OF EXPANSION JOINT MATERIAL
B. Apply approximately 6 mils of the epoxy bonder to the vertical interface of the (epoxy mortar nosing) (concrete substrate) and the sides of the expansion joint material. Tape shall be place on the top of the (epoxy mortar nosing ) (adjacent concrete surfaces) to prevent spreading of epoxy bonder on same. Remove tape prior to the curing of the epoxy bonder.
C. Compress and install the expansion joint material. Remove excess epoxy bonder from the top surface of the joint material prior to the curing of same.
D. Final position of the joint material shall be (1/8"below) (flush with) ( ) the adjacent horizontal surfaces.
PART 4 METHOD OF PAYMENT
4.01 The expansion joint system shall be paid for by the lineal foot of joint installed, including all necessary materials, labor and equipment required to prepare the joint opening (install the epoxy mortar NOSINGS) and install the expansion joint material.
END OF SECTION
This information is presented in good faith to assist in determining whether our products are suitable for application. No warranty or representation, however, is intended or made, nor is protection from any law or patent to be inferred, and all patent rights are reserved. 950512ll